Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love Quotes / Sayings Love Quotes, Cute Love Quotes, Sweet Love Quotes

LOVE: He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Albert Einstein

Send to Friends


It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
1819-1892, American Poet

Send to Friends


Love, I find, is like singing. Everybody can do enough to satisfy themselves, though it may not impress the neighbors as being very much.

Zora Neale Hurston

Send to Friends


Platonic love is love from the neck up.

Thyra Smater Winsolow

Send to Friends


Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.

Robert Sexton

Send to Friends


Who is wise in love, love most, say least.

Lord Alfred Tennyson
1809-1892, British Poet

Send to Friends


Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

BIBLE

Send to Friends


Let men tremble to win the hand of woman, unless they win along with it the utmost passion of her heart! Else it may be their miserable fortune, when some mightier touch than their own may have awakened all her sensibilities, to be reproached even for the calm content, the marble image of happiness, which they will have imposed upon her as the warm reality.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

Send to Friends


You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation...and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else.

Herman Hesse

Send to Friends


'True love' isn't so much a dreamy feeling that you have as it is an enduring commitment to give sacrificially --even, or perhaps especially, when you don't feel like it.

William R. Mattox, Jr.

Send to Friends


The true lover of learning then must his earliest youth, as far as in him lies, desire all truth. . .He whose desires are drawn toward knowledge in every form will be absorbed in the pleasures of the soul, and will hardly feel bodily pleasures- -I mean, if he be a true philosopher and not a sham one. . .Then how can he who has the magnificence of mind and is the spectator of all times and all existence, think much of human life? He cannot. Or can such a one account death fearful? No indeed

Plato

Send to Friends


If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself.

Barbara De Angelis
American Expert on Relationship & Love, Author

Send to Friends


If ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were loved by wife, then thee.

Anne Bradstreet

Send to Friends


Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don't stand a chance against it.

Joan Vinge

Send to Friends


Love is like a game of chess: One false move and you're mated.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song, A medley of extemporanea; And love is a thing that can never go wrong; And I am Marie of Roumania.

Dorothy Rothschild Parker

Send to Friends


John Lennon said All you need is love, John obviously never met my bank manager.

Danny McCrossan
Northern Irish Comedian

Send to Friends


Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly.

Louis Ginsberg

Send to Friends


Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.

W. Somerset Maugham

Send to Friends


Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. you only need a heart full of grace. a soul generated by love.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Send to Friends


Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

Mother Teresa

Send to Friends


Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.

Lisa Hoffman

Send to Friends


An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.

Harold Lokes

Send to Friends


I adore him I have never been so happy. I have real love.

Princess of Wales Diana
1961-1997, Wife of Charles, Prince of Wales

Send to Friends


Two separate, distinct personalities, not separate at all, but inextricably bound, soul and body and mind, to each other, how did we get so far apart so fast?

Judith Guest

Send to Friends


To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao-Tzu

Send to Friends


I never add up. I only subtract from the total dying... . . . It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.

Mother Teresa

Send to Friends


A Code of Honor: Never approach a friend's girlfriend or wife with mischief as your goal. There are just too many women in the world to justify that sort of dishonorable behavior. Unless she's really attractive.

Bruce Friedman

Send to Friends


Conversation has a kind of charm about it, an insuating and insidious something that elicits secrets from us just like love or liquor.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Send to Friends


I do not think that what is called Love at first sight is so great an absurdity as it is sometimes imagined to be. We generally make up our minds beforehand to the sort of person we should like, grave or gay, black, brown, or fair; with golden tresses or raven locks; -- and when we meet with a complete example of the qualities we admire, the bargain is soon struck.

William Hazlitt
1778-1830, British Essayist

Send to Friends


Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few.

George Jean Nathan

Send to Friends


Love, by its very nature, is unworldly, and it is for this reason rather than its rarity that it is not only apolitical but anti-political, perhaps the most powerful of all anti-political human forces.

Hannah Arendt
1906-1975, German-born American Political Philosopher

Send to Friends


Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless.

Thomas p Kempis
1379-1471, German Monk, Mystic, Religious Writer

Send to Friends


My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.

Ibn Abbad

Send to Friends


In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future.

Henri B. Stendhal
1783-1842, French Writer

Send to Friends


Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction.

Antoine de Saint-Exupry

Send to Friends


It is in the thirties that we want friends. In the forties we know they won't save us any more than love did.

Euripedes

Send to Friends


My life revolves around love.

Greg Evans
American Writer 1978-

Send to Friends


I know a love may be revived which absence, inconstancy, or even infidelity has extinguished, but there is no returning from a dTgovt given by satiety.

Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
1689-1762, British Society Figure, Letter Writer

Send to Friends


A kiss: To a young girl, faith; to a married woman, hope; to an old maid, charity.

V. P. Skipper

Send to Friends


God, I offer myself to Thee, to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always. Amen.

Alcoholics Anonymous Prayer

Send to Friends


Love is not something that you can put chains on and throw into a lake. That's called Houdini. Love is liking someone a lot. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

Jack Handey

Send to Friends


Pushing away doesn't cause things to come together, all it causes is for things to be pushed away.

Shea McCullagh

Send to Friends


Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Franklin P. Jones

Send to Friends


And then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes.

James Joyce

Send to Friends


Families are about love overcoming emotional torture. - Maker of the Simpsons

Matt Groening

Send to Friends


It is in the thirties that we want friends. In the forties we know they won't save us any more than love did.

F Scott Fitzgerald

Send to Friends


I love her and she loves me, and we hate each other with a wild hatred born of love.

August Strindberg

Send to Friends


Love is stronger than violence.

Hermann Hesse
1877-1962, German-born Swiss Novelist, Poet

Send to Friends


Golf is like a love affair: if you don't take it seriously, it's no fun. If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.

Arnold Daly





If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Teresa

Send to Friends


I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Roy Croft

Send to Friends

As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you.

Karen Clodfelder

Send to Friends


The best thing about me is you.

Shannon Crown

Send to Friends


if i has to choose between loving you, and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU.

dani b

Send to Friends


Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.

Curtis Judalet

Send to Friends


The soul mate is what we aspire to and like to understand about us, is what we deem to be perfection, purity and endless regarding our own being.

Sorin Cerin
philosopher

Send to Friends


Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime.

Bette Davis

Send to Friends


If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back theyd never ask you to.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...

Anonymous

Send to Friends


The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

Dr Seuss

Send to Friends


What I needed most was to love and to be loved, eager to be caught. Happily I wrapped those painful bonds around me; and sure enough, I would be lashed with the red-hot pokers or jealousy, by suspicions and fear, by burst of anger and quarrels.

St. Augustine
354-430, Numidian-born Bishop of Hippo, Theologian

Send to Friends


And if it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart, the only dream that mattered had come true. In this life, I was loved by you.

Colin Raye

Send to Friends


Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says For the woman I love and the second, For my best friend.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


I self destruct every relationship so that i don't get hurt... but in truth i just hurt myself worse in the long run..

Anonymous

Send to Friends

Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.

Henri Frederic Amiel
1821-1881, Swiss Philosopher, Poet, Critic

Send to Friends


They say loving you gives pains and full of sacrifices But I'll rather take pains and lots of sacrifices than not to be love by you.

Aaron

Send to Friends


We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love

Anonymous

Send to Friends


If rain drops were kisses,I could send you showers. if hugs were seas i send you oceans. and if love was a person i send you me!!

ally qwerty

Send to Friends


If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.

John Lennon
1940-1980, An English member of the Beatles, a songwriter, and a political activist.

Send to Friends


Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus

Send to Friends


Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


The couple that fights the most is the one most in love... it shows they care enough to notice the other one screwed up and care enough to mention it to the person so they can fix it. When you stop fighting it means you stopped caring.

Shawna Waltemyer
single divorced mother of 2

Send to Friends


I laugh, I love, I hope, I try I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.

Colin Raye

Send to Friends

Don't let someone become your everything, because when they're gone you have nothing!
Kenya Mitchell
life

Send to Friends


Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that they feel the same.

CourtneyJo Wright
17 year old girl

Send to Friends


Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.

Friedrich Halm

Send to Friends


We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.

Unknown

Send to Friends


If I know what love is, it is because of you.

Herman Hesse

Send to Friends


Live the life you've dreamed

Henry David Thoreau

Send to Friends


I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind.

UNKNOWN

Send to Friends


Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.

Rose Franken

Send to Friends


I dont know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every part of my body is broken too.

Chloe Woodward

Send to Friends


You being in my arms, heart by heart feels like our love would never end.

Valentin Gonzalez
Feeling love

Send to Friends


Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


Love is like a war:Easy to begin Hard to end!

ancient Proverbs

Send to Friends


The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in.

UNKNOWN

Send to Friends


A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesnt believe, and leaves before she is left.

Marilyn Monroe
American Singer 1926-1962

Send to Friends


Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.

Anonymous

Send to Friends


If God is the DJ, then Life is the dance floor; Love is the rhythm, and You are the music.

P!nk

Send to Friends


Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Elizabeth Browning

Send to Friends


True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.

Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Send to Friends


The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.

Josiah G. Holland

Send to Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment